Thursday, February 5, 2009

rays of sunshine

Okay, so I haven't really blogged much lately because I was afraid it would come across and whiny and complain-y, and I really don't want to sound that way.  Since being so sick is a good sign that the baby is doing well, then I wouldn't trade this sickness for anything in the world!  So, in-between my rounds of puking and even on those days when I'm so weak where I wonder how I can even pull myself out of bed let alone dress and feed 2 children (see there I go complaining again), I have noticed some things that I truly am thankful for and I thought I would share those with you.  Here they are in no particular order:
  • I am very glad that my "morning sickness" only lasts until week 13 (if history repeats itself).  I've heard of some women that are sick like this the entire pregnancy!  Ugh!
  • I'm thankful that for all of my pregnancies, my sick-time has been during the cold, dreary days of winter.  I don't get sick until after Christmas (so I can still enjoy all the feasting) and am better before March comes around.  Although today and the next several days it looks like it might even hit 50 degrees, so I may have to try and drag myself outside for the sake of the girls.
  • I've actually been with the girls more since I've been sick.  Since all I can do is pretty much lie around, I can't be so busy like I usually am with cleaning and tidying and working on stuff for my business.  So even though we may just lay on the couch together and watch a few too many cartoons, or read that same books over and over, they love it that I'm with them and they have my full attention.
  • I'm so glad that Adeline and Emilia are the ages they are and play so well together.  I love that I can just lie on the couch or Addie's bed and watch them play together.  And they're constantly making up concoctions in their little kitchen for mommy to eat and feel better.  Right now they're doing the "Itsy-Bitsy Spider" together.  Addie sings it and Millie tries to copy the actions.  Too cute!
  • I'm thankful that my husband has the patience to put up with all this.  He works so hard all day filling 9th-graders minds with all the knowledge they need about physical science, and then comes home, makes dinner, feeds the girls, gets them ready for bed and caters to his invalid wife's every needs.  Then after all that he still has to grade papers!  I think he has it worse than I do!
  • I'm thankful that my mom was willing to take off work a few days last week and come and help out.  Those few days gave me so much more energy since I got to rest for nearly 2 whole days!  Thanks, mom!
  • I love that we recently bought a laptop.  That way I can actually check emails, work on stuff for my business, read your blogs and even do some digital scrapbooking - all while lying on the couch!
  • I'm thankful that I can now go and shower since the girls are happily playing in Addie's room.  I'd better hurry off now so I can take advantage of this time!

No comments: