Monday, February 23, 2009

oh baby!

I got an ultrasound done last Thursday to affirm my due date.  It's right on, so I'm still due on August 30, which means I'm over 13 weeks and should be starting to feel much better.  I did have a really good day today and got a ton done, so maybe 13 is just my lucky number!  I sure hope so!  Anyways, it was so fun to see the baby.  He/she is already very active (although I haven't felt those first kicks yet, but I could sure see them)!  The baby was just kicking those legs around and bouncing all around.  Maybe it didn't like being poked so much.  Which, by the way, I have a hard time calling the baby "it" because "it" is obviously so much more than that.   But I also get tired of doing the he/she thing all the time too, so I guess you and I will both have to put up with "it."  Anyways, here are a few glimpses of our tiny little baby:

In case you can't tell, the head is the big round thing on the left.  This is a profile shot. You can also see the arm that's closest to the camera is up by it's head.  The little round white thing by the nose is the baby's other hand.  Trying to find that thumb maybe?  You can also see the little legs that were kicking around so much.
Here's the baby upside down.  Still has that hand by the face.  I'm pretty sure there's some thumb-sucking going on.

I can't believe that I could see so much of the baby at only 12 weeks!  I definitely think it should be required that women seeking an abortion should have an ultrasound first.  Even when you're very early on, you can still see that it's a real baby.  I remember when I was only 8 weeks with Addie, I had an ultrasound because my dates were all messed up, and although she just looked like a little peanut, we could see that little heart beating so strongly.  How can anyone say that's not a life that deserves the same right to live that we all do?

Well, I should end this before I go off on a tangent...  Hope you all have a lovely week!


3 comments:

peter marie said...

SO exciting!! I can not wait to find out what you are having!

Hope you keep feeling better. Just in time for Spring!

The Sneaky Mommy said...

Beautiful little baby bean! I can't wait to find out if it's a boy or girl, too!
Glad you're feeling better--just in time for a day or two of sunshine!

Asher Fanner said...

Oh my goodness!!! I love seeing pictures!!! So precious! And I'm super glad that you're beginning to feel better!!! I miss seeing you at church...(selfishly) I want you to feel better too:o]

Thumb sucker...oh boy!!!

And I like your statement about abortion...even though I haven't given birth yet, those pictures are so moving and so powerful, how could you...hmmm. I could voice sometings:o] Anywho, see you later!!1 Love ya!