Monday, February 22, 2010

confidence busters

The following conversations took place already this morning. It's only 9:45 a.m.  By the end of the day I just may be in tears.

Addie:  Mommy, will you be the dragon in our play?
Mommy:  Sure!
Addie:  But the dragon can't wear long eyelashes.
Mommy:  (feeling very flattered thinking her eyelashes must be very long) But I can't take my eyelashes off - they're natural.
Addie:  It's okay, Mommy.  We can barely see them anyways.

***************************************************

Mommy:  You guys are getting so big.  Just bigger and bigger everyday.
Addie:  You're getting bigger everyday too, mommy.  SO BIG.

Just what every mommy wants to hear.

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Hahaha...kids...too hilarious. :) BTW, you're so not getting bigger! ;)

This Heavenly Life said...

Hehe :)

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

Kids - they have no tact, no inhibitions, and say whatever is on their minds. Being a mom is full of confidence busting moments. :)

Amy@My Front Porch said...

Ha! That literally made me laugh out loud :) I can't wait until Lily is old enough to insult me :)

The Sneaky Mommy said...

Well, did you know I'm older than Liz A. because I'm "bigger'. Yep. I guess I'm older than you too! Hmmm...maybe we should check the Cubbies curriculum. I hear the teacher is kind of rascally!

Emily said...

The other day my four-year-old daughter looked up at me and said, with all the love and admiration she could muster, "Mommy, when I grow up, do you think my nose will be just as shiny as yours?"

Glad I'm not alone!

Unknown said...

So I disappear from Blogland for a week, and I've got a pastor's wife calling me a rascal? Sheesh - they turn on ya quickly, don't they!?!? So you're a BIG dragon with invisible eyelashes. It could be worse. Right? Right????

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

Too funny! :) I don't think you even have it in you to get bigger, unless there's a baby involved.....maybe you were just kidding with us last week ;)