Tuesday, July 7, 2009

lucky me


Ten years ago from this past 4th of July, I had one of the most important conversations in my life.  It went like this:

Him: So, what do you think about us?
Me: I like it.
Him:   Me too.
Me:   But what about the whole Michigan-Iowa thing?
Him:   I don't think it'll be a problem.
Me:   Good, me either.

And the rest is history.  

I don't think I had any idea that night as we lay there on the beach watching the fireworks that ten years later I would be pregnant with this gorgeous guy's third baby.  Lucky me.  God has truly blessed us.  And in just a few weeks we'll be celebrating 9 years of marriage!  Wow.  It really does seem like just a few weeks ago that we were having the above conversation.  Makes me realize just how quickly life does fly by and how I need to make sure I'm using every minute I can to be in God's will and be making a difference here on this earth.  

I guess I'd better get off the computer then, huh?  :)