Thursday, April 2, 2009

my old man

Yes, my man is now old.  Actually, it's been since March 20th now that he turned 30, but I'm just now getting around to posting this.  30!  Can you believe it?!  I remember not that long ago when 30 seemed dreadfully old, and now I'm married to a 30-year-old!  But, my day is coming... just 4 months away... yikes!  But I'm going to relish these few months I have left of being the young 29 year old married to the "older man" before my birthday rolls around.  Anyway, here are a few pictures from Chad's birthday.

He requested a giant-cookie-cake, so I obliged.  Addie helped with the sprinkles.  The writing has much to be desired because the black icing had hardened, making the "30" nearly impossible to get on there, and the only other color we had in the house was pink... but it was good, nonetheless!  I'll post the recipe at the end, because it's my favorite giant cookie recipe - moist and yummy!

We had a small birthday party at HuHot, Chad's favorite!

Chad pretending to blow out his "3" candle. 
("3" for 3 decades... again, the only candle we had in the house...)
The girls sure enjoyed the cookie!

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake:  (I don't know why this is underlined.. I can't get it to stop underlining what I write...)
1 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
2/3 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour, plus 4 Tbsp flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (I use milk chocolate chips)

1.  Beat butter and sugars together.
2.  Add eggs and vanilla.
3.  Mix flour, salt, baking soda, and cream of tartar.
4.  Add dry ingredients to the batter and mix until well blended.
5.  Stir in chocolate chips.
6.  Spread dough into a 15 1/2 inch round pan.
7.  Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.

1 comment:

sjwonders said...

Happy Late Birthday Chad! I can't say much about the age as I am older than you, but I definitely remember what it felt like hitting that big number that you used to think was SOOOOO OLD! :) Not so old anymore huh?!?! Hope your day was fabulous!