Wednesday, April 21, 2010

a little makeover

Our living room just got a little perkier...
and our children are larger than life.

Thanks to Sarah.  
(Seriously... how many times can I link to her in a week's time?!)
She's one of those cool photographers who just charges the fee for taking the pictures and then sets you loose with the CD complete with all the edits.

That's especially great when your Sam's-Club-card-carrying-mother-in-law is in town.  Those poster-size prints were only around $8 each!  Crazy cheap!  And I know you can't tell from the above picture due to the glare, especially on Millie's face, but the prints were all so beautiful!  

They're really sprucing up my home...

Please ignore the crazy lady's reflection...

And I must give my friend, Carrie J, props for the poster-size prints idea.  She's a genius.

On a side note... thanks to those of you who sent get well wishes.  My fever broke Monday night and I woke up yesterday feeling 100% better!  I'm still praying that no one else here comes down with it.  They would've caught it by now, right?

9 comments:

Debbi said...

The new photos are amazing! Your children are beautiful & the photography outstanding.

So glad you are feeling better, and I am soooooo praying for you that everyone else stays healthy.

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

I LOVE THEM!!! :) Wow. I want to do that now.
I love Sam's too. I upload my photos to Sam's from home and go pick them up in an hour. Great quality and CHEAP! :)

peter marie said...

Looks awesome!! I love that idea with the big prints...and that is crazy cheap!

So glad you're feeling better so you can enjoy this fun week!

Sarah said...

Katie! How cool! I don't often get to see what people do with their pictures, so this is really fun! And that one of Tate...I liked that one, too, and esp. b/c I just snapped it randomly b/c he was smiling! Haha! I'm so glad it worked out. And I'm so glad the prints turned out! I've never tried a poster-sized print! I'd love to see them in real life someday, so I can recommend Sam's, too! :) Thanks, Katie! You did a nice job with these...and their outfits go perfectly w/ your wall color!!! You're so good at decorating, girl!

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

very beautiful!! What SIZE are those picture?!?

This Heavenly Life said...

WOW, those pictures are good! I'm thinking of having some of my own snapshots blown up so big, and you're inspiring me to just DO it already :)

Gorgeous!

The Sneaky Mommy said...

You are so fast! The pictures are beautiful and look so nice! What larger than life reminders to pray for them, too!

une autre mère said...

Thanks, y'all!

Sarah - you can come over anytime for a peek! :) Just give me a jingle to make sure we're home (or I guess you could just break in like you did last week...) heehee, JK!!!

Katie - Those are 20x30 and is a great size because you can get 20x30 frames at Walmart for $11ish.

Unknown said...

Looks AWESOME! And you got those up lightning fast; I'm impressed. I can't wait for our appt with Sarah in a few weeks! Love the living room!