Tuesday, September 15, 2009

my terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day

It started with a headache.  

Not just a little headache, but a constant pounding, pounding, pounding that not even 3 ibuprofen could cure.  I'm sure the headache was probably caused from the lack of sleep after a night of being up with my congested baby.  Poor guy.  (And I'm not sure if it's the congestion or what, but now he's wanting to eat every 2 hours again, which makes for a difficult time trying to get anything else done!)

Then my morning checklist started to go awry...

I tried to print out some papers for our MOPS group this Friday.  But would my computer open them up?  Of course not.  Not sure why not, I opened them up just a few days ago, but decided to print them off later.  Wish I would've just printed them then.

So then I moved on to place an online order for a seat-belt extender.  Now with 3 carseats in the back, it's very difficult to get Addie strapped in.  But the website wouldn't take my credit card (I hope this doesn't mean there's been more fraudulent activity on our card...) 

So I tried to pay with our PayPal account.  PayPal won't let me log in.  I thought maybe I was entering the wrong password somehow, so I had them email me my correct password.  This was 5 hours ago.  Still no email.

Then the biggie happened...

I got an email from Premier (the jewelry company I'm a "jeweler" with) saying they haven't received several pieces of jewelry that I exchanged for some customers.  So I checked, and I did send out a ton of replacements all in one package almost a month ago.  Must've gotten lost in the mail.  So they had to charge my account over $220!  


Normally I get insurance for a package that big, but I remember that day I was in a big hurry trying to get all my errands done, being all huge and pregnant with my little girls in tow and skipping the insurance.  


That's when I lost it.  I did the unthinkable... I broke down and cried in front of my girls.  I always try so hard to hide my tears from them so they don't worry, but today it was unavoidable.  I just hope I didn't scar them for life.

This all happened before noon.

Let's just hope this afternoon and evening go much better.  

Chad won't be home until around 8 because he's coaching a football game tonight.  So I'm praying that God will grant me the serenity to make it until then!  I have to keep repeating Phil. 4:13 over and over to remind myself that I CAN do ALL things through CHRIST who gives me strength.

I could really use that strength right now...


Amy@My Front Porch said...

Oh Katie...it's so ironic that you posted this because I was quite literally just this second sitting down at the computer and thinking about you, wondering how you were doing with your new little guy, etc. I was going to send you an email.

Sorry to hear about your bad day -- I'm praying for you!

(Oh, and I don't think crying in front of your kids makes you a bad mom -- just shows them you're human!)

The Sneaky Mommy said...

I am so sorry, Katie! Those things, one at a time, would make for a frustrating day! Praying for you! Don't worry--when my kids see me cry, they are usually the most helpful little angels in the world for the rest of the day! Praying 8:00 will come quickly!

peter marie said...

This makes me sad! I hope things got better...I'll pray for you!

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

oh, Katie.....this makes me sad for you :(
I'm glad that Chads is home with you now and can hug you while you cry.....thats something to smile about :)

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

ps.....LOVE your new layout :)

Katie@The Baby Factory said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
une autre mère said...

Thanks, ladies for your encouragement! It's nice to know you care. :)

Yes, things did get better and Chad did eventually make it home. I'm just counting down the days until football season is over...

And thanks, Katie, for liking my new layout. Yours and Amy's inspired me. But how in the world did you guys make such cool headers? Haven't figured that one out.