Friday, September 25, 2009

a memorable day

Yes, this is a memorable day for TWO reasons.


First, it's baby Tate's one month birthday!  Can you believe it?  I certainly can't.  I know one month isn't very old, but it's just a reminder to me of how quickly these next months are going to fly by and soon he's going to be a young man who doesn't need mommy anymore.  *sniff*  So for now, while he'll still let me, I'm going to hold him as much as I can - even though I know it might spoil him.  But that's my own problem, right?




The second reason why this day is memorable is because I won an award!  Yes, a real live award!  AND I won it TWICE.  Don't believe me?  Here's proof:





Thanks to my lovely friend, Sarah @ And Then I Married a Missionary, for thinking of me for this fun award!  I met Sarah a year or two ago when she started showing up at all my jewelry parties... I was pretty sure she was stalking me until I realized she just really loved jewelry!  She's one of the best customers/hostesses I've ever had.  Seriously.  She will ALWAYS show up for a party, she's just that kind of friend.  And she's also one of the craftiest people I know.  She can make just about anything.  She even recently figured out how to make her own diaper genie refills!  Imagine that.  And she's also an AMAZING photographer!  But on top of all that, she's one of the sweetest, more sincere, Godly women I know as well.  To be around her is a joy!


AND thanks to Amy @ My Front Porch for also bestowing this award on me!  Amy is another lovely lady I met through my jewelry business, although she knew my husband before that from work.  Since then, I've gotten to know her through bloggy world and love what I've seen!  She is a GREAT writer and always amuses me with her wit.  You'd never know it to meet her... she's super cute and sweet and PERFECT... but she's got quite the sarcastic side to her as well, which I love about her.  I also love the variety in her posts, from random and witty to more serious like this one.  Thanks for thinking of me, Amy!


So... in honor of my award, I've prepared an acceptance speech.. *ahem*  First, I would like to thank my family, without them none of this would've been possible... yadda, yadda, yadda.  I know none of you care, so here's how this little award works...




  • Each Superior Scribbler must turn and pass on this award to 5 of the most deserved blogs. 
  • Each Superior Scribbler must link to the blog and name the author from which he/she received the award on his/her blog.
  • Each Superior Scribbler must display the award on his or her blog, and link to this post.
  • Each blogger who was awarded Superior Scribbler, must visitthis post and add their name to the Mr. Linky. That way we'll be able to keep up-to-date on everyone who receives this presitigous honor.
  • Each Superior Scribbler must post the rules to their blog.
And here they are, in no particular order...
  • Abby @ Peter Marie - An amazing artist and friend with two beautiful children who are full of smiles - just like their mommy!  I love hanging out with this gal pal.
  • Jenn @ Starving for Sunshine - A great friend and mommy and I recently learned she is also a VERY supportive wife - her husband is joining the military and will soon be gone for 6 months!  Wow - yet, no complaining from this amazing woman.
  • Jenny @ God is Good All the Time - I wish this crazy lady lived closer!  We would have some great laughs together.  She's a childhood friend of my husband's, but I've gotten to know her mostly through her blog.
  • Julie @ Call Me Crazy:) - A busy mommy of 4 who somehow still has time for running and bringing ME a meal - shouldn't I be bringing HER one?
  • Londa @ The Sneaky Mommy - A super sweet and fun lady who truly amazes me with everything she can do and how much she serves others.  Plus she has 3 kids - two of them being twin boys!  How she does it all, I have NO idea!
I wish I could give this award to more than just five.  There are so many more of you who deserve it!

6 comments:

Amy@My Front Porch said...

Happy one month birthday Tater! :)

Thanks for your sweet words -- you are too nice Katie!! I didn't even realize that Sarah gave you that award too -- OOPS! That just means you are doubly deserving :)

Sarah said...

*blush* YOU are amazing, Kate...rockin' the bling and bein' a super-fantasic Mama! :D I know what you mean about 1 month going by so fast...it's crazy...and kinda hard at the same time...and amazing and exciting...and, and, and... :)

He's SUCH a darling little man, er...boy. ;)

btw - thanks for the sweetness! :)

Sarah said...

Um, I totally didn't mean to "call" you "Kate"...that was weird. You're so not a "Kate." Stupid typos... :)

The Sneaky Mommy said...

Thanks for the award! :) I'd say a third reason Friday was pretty memorable was the evening spent at the park with *me*!
Tate is SO cute! Caitlin and I were oogling over his cuteness as you walked by! Caitlin says he looks just like you, too, so you can share in the cuteness oogling!

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

It totally doesn't seem like he's 1 mo. already!!! Wow!! I thought I already posted this comment...however it appears...that I did not :)

This Heavenly Life said...

I'm stopping by from Amy's Front Porch and I do believe I'd like to follow you :) What a sweet family you have.