Tuesday, September 15, 2009

a better afternoon

Thanks to those of you who prayed for me earlier today. My intention wasn't to make anyone feel sorry for me.  I just needed to get those nasty feelings out and the blog seemed like a good venue for that... much better than being crabby at my innocent children!


And just so you all don't think I've gone off the deep end, my afternoon did eventually get better.


I'm still out $220 and will be unless that package shows up...


I do still have that stupid headache (I think now it's due to the full-blown cold I've developed throughout the day)...


BUT...


I'm in better spirits now.  


Millie had a good nap and Addie and I worked on her preschool (we're doing it from home this year to get her ready for kindergarten next fall).  I am so thankful for this girl... she LOVES to learn!  The look on her face when she's able to sound out words all by herself is priceless.  I'm so glad I'm doing this with her this year.


After Millie's nap, I decided we all needed a special treat to brighten the day, so we headed to DQ for a few blizzards.  We bought this Keep It Local card full of discounts last year and got it again this year because it is CHOCK FULL of AMAZING deals!  Such as... BOGO blizzards that I can use 20 times, BOGO family size pizzas at Papa Murphy's that can also be used 20 times (That means 2 family size pizzas for only $9.99 so we put one in the freezer for use later on)!  Free bowling games, free blooming onions at Outback, free appetizers at Applebees, etc, etc, the savings goes on and on.  It only cost us $45 for 2 cards, which pays itself off after buying just 5 pizzas.  TOTALLY worth it.  I think they should pay me for this advertisement.  Okay, I'll move on now.


After our blizzards, we went home and spent an hour in the front yard riding bikes, filling wagons full of grass and rocks, and making our driveway into a beautiful masterpiece with sidewalk chalk.


Then one of my lovely friends from church brought a delicious pizza and dessert over for us tonight (our church brings us 5 meals after having a baby).  Great perk, huh?  Last week, I was treated by this friend with a SCRUMPTIOUS chicken hashbrown casserole that I need to get the recipe for... I'm also lucky enough to have this friend who doesn't even go to our church bring us a meal after Tate was born.  Hopefully she'll post her meatball recipe on her blog... (hint, hint)  It was AMAZING!


And I finished off the evening by giving Mr. Tate a bath.  He loves his bath, which makes it very enjoyable for me too.  And of course, the girls were great helpers.


Then the girls went to bed and my knight in shining armor arrived at home.

I'll leave you with a few pictures of my sweet little baby.  I know, I know... they're all very similar, but I've had a hard time getting decent pictures of him lately.  I don't think I'm patient enough.

This is the one I'm using for his announcements.






9 comments:

peter marie said...

SO glad your day got better!!

That baby of yours is so cute. What a little man!

Please tell me you're going to make it to MOPS on Friday...I miss you!

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

those Keep it Local cards are awesome! I have an O-town one...which is nice, but there's not DQ thing or Applebees (for obv. reason)...but I did get a 1/2 price haircut :)
Tate is such a sweetie :) Glad your afternoon was better!!

Amy@My Front Porch said...

Glad your day got better! Blogging can be like therapy -- it's a good place to let your frustrations out :)

We got the Entertainment Book last year and I was kind of disappointed because there were discounts for lots of places we didn't really go -- but that Keep It Local card sounds MUCH better...I'm going to be looking into it for sure!

Oh, and I'll post that meatball recipe for you :) I'm glad you liked it -- but I can't take credit for it -- it's my mom's recipe (pretty much everything I make comes from her :)

Still praying for your package to be found!

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

Amy, Katie....
I think Amy posted her meatball recipe a long time ago...so I went back and checked...sure enough, if these are the same, these are meatballs

http://mommyperrott.blogspot.com/search/label/Recipes
Anyways...not trying to be a know it all :)

My boys have that same baseball uni outfit :) so cute

une autre mère said...

Thanks for the link, Katie! My mouth is watering just thinking about making them!

Amy@My Front Porch said...

Wow Katie (J.) you weren't lying when you said you had a good memory...pretty sad that I don't even remember posting that...this does not bode well for me in old age :)

Jessica said...

Oh good! I was praying for you yesterday after I read your post! Your kiddos are sooooo cute! Can't wait to see you Friday!

Sarah said...

Man, that kid is CUTE!

laney said...

Tate is soooo adorable!