Wednesday, May 13, 2009

garage sale and Mother's Day update

Well, last weekend was our big garage sale - "our" being my friend Abby and myself.  And I know some of you thought my last post may have been a little crazy with all my pet peeves, but let me tell you, it PAYS to have an organized, clean, well-priced and well-signed garage sale!  I don't even know if I should tell you how much we made, because I don't want anyone robbing us, but I think I trust most of you.  Together, we sold $800 worth of baby clothes!  Crazy, huh?  I think my total was $410 and Abby's was $390.  And I swear, it was pretty much all baby clothes.  There were a few household items, but nothing big.  And the best part is that we didn't even pay for advertising!  I just put an ad on Craigslist and put up a ton of big, hot-pink signs, and that was enough.  Although my signs on the main road did get taken by the city at the end of Friday since I guess there's a city ordinance or something (which I swear, they've never acted on before since that road is littered with signs every weekend).  Anyways, I was pretty impressed with all the clothes Abby and I were able to fit into our garage.  We actually took pictures to post on craigslist. 
Friday was our busy day by far.  We sold so much on Friday that we were able to clear off 3 tables!  I did have a hard time seeing some of my girls sweet little baby clothes sell to people I don't know.  But I did save a whole big tub of "keepsake clothes."  Maybe one day their daughters will wear them!

Sunday we hosted Mother's Day at our house for my family.  We had a great time with family and of course, the girls enjoyed any time they got to spend with grandpa and grandma.  They also had a blast playing on the new swingset tower & slide that daddy and grandpa built on Saturday.  Pictures of that to come later when it's all finished.
My lap is starting to get a little crowded.  With this big ol' tummy, there's not a whole lot of leg room left anymore.  :(  

Hope you all had a happy Mother's Day too!

2 comments:

The Sneaky Mommy said...

Awesome!!!! Friday was my best day & one of my signs got taken down too. Silly rules--people need to garage sale! Good job!

Amy said...

As someone who benefited from your extreme organization and sweet pricing skills, I say kudos to you for making so much money! That's awesome! :)

Super cute pictures!