Wednesday, May 25, 2011

the one where I upload the pics from my camera and make a post out of them

Sorry I've been awol for the past few weeks. (Have I been saying this a lot lately?)  I guess we've been a little busy... I couldn't really remember why, so I decided to just upload the pictures from my camera and run through them with you.  Hope you don't mind.  ;)

Oh yeah.  We did this (on a 90 degree day in the middle of May!).
I guess I just couldn't bring myself to sit down at the computer when the outdoors was so alluring.
(Yes, I realize our splotchy grass in these pics is anything but alluring... but it has now been fertilized and is even tempting enough for thoughts of rolling around in its lushness... were it not for hidden piles of dog poop...)

This one brought an instant smile to my face. We've been doing a little disciplining 'round here... those terrible 2's are creeping up on us ever so quickly...
Is it odd that I find "Time Out Tate" so adorable?

Oh, yup.  This occupied most of my time...
The annual garage sale.  We were worried that with the drizzly chilly weather, it'd be a bust, but we actually had a steady flow of people and sales!  The total of everything sold was close to $700! (Not all mine... a few other friends contributed). And the girls were thrilled with the $40 they earned from their lemonade stand and old toys and books!

The girls have been working on these ginormous lollipops for several days now.  Luckily, they came in a reusable case so when they tire of the licking, they can continue at a later time.  :)

Oh, here's one that makes me want to wake my baby up from his nap just to squeeze him... Tate came down with yet another ear infection last week.  Not sure why he doesn't have tubes yet.
But at least it made him extra cuddly.  Notice the two blankies.  He requires both of these blankies for sleeping.  One for each side of his face and to hold in each arm.  :)
This was such a rare scene.  Tate actually laying down when it wasn't night-night time.  This is how I knew he really wasn't feeling well.

 This is one that Daddy took because he found his girls looking extra sweet last Sunday in their pink and white dresses.  :)

Oh here's a fun one... this past Monday night, we were privileged to get a visit from Chad's cousins traveling through Iowa on their way from Arizona to Michigan.
Bonnie and Erin.  Both super sweet girls. Although we had a hard time believing they were old enough to be graduating from college!  Wowzers!  Where has the time gone?  We had a great time catching up with them!

And a reminder that tomorrow is Addie's last day of kindergarten... 
Pajama Day!  Her week has been filled with fun activities.  Monday was Field Day and I was so bummed when I realized I had forgotten my camera!  She had so much fun and it was a blast getting to watch her!  I just can't believe the year is over.  I'm soooo happy to get to have her home now!!  But I can't believe that soon she'll be a FIRST grader!  YIKES!

And that was all I had on my camera this time.

But let me put a word out there for the tornado victims in Joplin, one of whom happens to by my blog-friend, Sarah.  Fortunately, she did not lose her home, but several of her close friends and family have.  I know at a time like this, everyone wants to help but often doesn't really know how.  But the writers at Bigger Picture Blogs have put together an online auction and all the proceeds are going directly to the Salvation Army for Joplin Relief.  Please take a moment to check it out.  There are lots of great items, so not only will you be helping the victims, but you'll also be getting a great prize for yourself too!  :)

3 comments:

H-Mama said...

pj day on the last day of kindergarten. how cute is that? where has the last year gone? tate is just simply adorable. period. ;) thankfully we made it through gracie's terrible 2-3's... and lived to tell about it. have the wrinkles to prove it. hehe.

peter marie said...

Yes, "Time-out Tate" is very cute. :)

Lenae said...

Oh, Tate is so so so cute! I wanna squeeze him! :D

And the girls are looking so grown-up -- wow!