Friday, May 7, 2010

french friday - part neuf

Have you noticed my French Friday post titles always say, "part ___" with a strange word in the blank? Well, those strange words are actually les nombres français (French numbers). I'm sure you've already figured that out since you all are so clever and now I'm totally insulting your intelligence. Excusez-moi.

Counting is important, non? And easy enough that even a 4-year old can do it! So for today's post I worked and worked with Addie to get this video just right. Watch and learn.
Darn Dora!

Maybe we can get it right this time:

What's that?
 You think I was whispering the numbers to her?
*gasp*  Well, I NEVER!


Okay, so maybe I did help her out a little.  But it's only because there's no cute little French cartoon character to help her learn.  Like "François le Francophone,"  Wouldn't that be cute?  Maybe a little French boy exploring Paris in his beret and toting a baguette...  A little something like this:

photo from roboppy.net

All he needs is his beret.  Don't you just want to eat him up?

But since there is no cartoon character to teach my daughter French, I guess I'll just have to do it myself...  :)

Bon weekend, and don't forget La Fête des Mères!

7 comments:

Emily said...

I love your French Fridays, and I thought about you while we were in Paris. (Oh, and I remembered to say Bonjour to everyone each time we got on the train, too. Because of you, I was incredibly polite!)

Does your daughter like Fancy Nancy?

Amy@My Front Porch said...

Shoot, Katie -- your kids are gonna be tri-lingual someday!

Do you ever read the Madeline books? I'll bet you'd be able to do the French accent really well :)

Amy Kramer said...

Too cute for words!!

The Sneaky Mommy said...

Oh Addie, fille douce!
In France, Dora speaks French and is learning English! Crazy!
I need to show Chelsey that French boy's picture the next time Carson gets a haircut!

Unknown said...

Muy bien, Addie! Way to go! I love French Fryday! This is just WAY too cute.

peter marie said...

Those videos are adorable!!

H-Mama said...

Seriously. How did we ever survive without Dora? ;)

This is too cute!